14 Maintenance Tips To Keep Your Drainage System Blockage - Free
Having A Blocked Drain System Is Not Something You Can Predict. Not only is this annoying, but it can also pose health hazards and even lead to greater inconveniences like air pollution, leakage, and flooding. But now, you can rest easy.
Drains that are clogged are due to debris accumulation as well as tree root intrusions, grease or small objects getting stuck in the drain. Blockage of drains can occur in the main lines of your drains or in your home.
There Is No Reason To Ever Allow Your Drains To Become Blocked When A Few Small Practices Can Prevent It
1. You can use a plunger to clear minor blockage.
2. A couple times a week, pull up your bathtub stoppers to check for early signs of blockage. In addition, make sure you rinse off the stopper before you return it to where it was originally.
3. If You Shed A Lot Of Hair, Make Sure You Put A Mesh Over The Bath Or Sink Drain Before Washing It. You wouldn't let food just fall into the kitchen sink, so in the same manner, keep your hair from going down your bathroom pipes.
4. You should comb your hair before taking a bath to get rid of loose hair and avoid hair clumps in your bath drain.
5. Install grates over your drains to prevent large obstructions. Use A Non - Corrosive, Bacteriological Drain Cleaner.
6. Plant flowers and trees away from your pipes to prevent their roots growing into your drains.
7. Sign an annual contract with a drainage company. The good thing about this is, they perform occasional drainage inspections and maintenance services on your drainage system. One good company to offer a package such as this in West Sussex is Drainage West Sussex. You should discuss the importance of taking care or your drains with your family.
8. Avoid chemical cleaners. Over time, cleaners that contain chemicals will corrode your pipes.
9. Don't Throw Stuff Into Your Drain. Don't throw foreign objects down them.
10. You must never put things like grease, fat, gum, food, condoms, pills and cosmetics in your drains.
11. The only things allowed to go down the drain are; for your sink - water, and your toilet - water, urine and faeces.
12. Take A Wire Coat Hanger Straighten It And Bend One End To Make A Hook, Then Insert It Into The Drain To Get The Junk Out.
13. Pour hot salty water through your sink to prevent grease from amassing in your drain.
14. There are, of course, many other tips for maintaining your drainage system, some of which are unconventional. But, just ensure you avoid acidic solutions.
In the event that you tried all the tips mentioned here but still have trouble with your drain and have no contact details of any drain company, do not damage your drain by applying too much force to it Instead, get in touch with a qualified plumber quickly. If you are a resident of West Sussex, call the technicians at Drainage West Sussex, to restore your drainage system to pristine conditions.